I have to admit, I have not heard of the Liebster award before today. I am honored to be recognized by a fellow blogger at https://keepahappyheartblog.wordpress.com/ and nominated for it. Thank you Camy!
Here is what I learned from https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I love that Liebster is a German word, you may not know this but a part of my heritage is from Bavaria. I do like the idea of spreading kindness to other bloggers through recognition. The choice is yours whether you chose to nominate others or not and nothing bad will happen to you if you do not. 🙂
Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you which is me. Lisa Hutchison LMHC at https://connectingempathichelpersandartiststospirit.wordpress.com
Answer the questions I ask at the bottom of this blog
Nominate blogs you enjoy
Ask them your own questions
Here are the questions I was asked and my answers:
1.When did you start your Blog?
I published my very first blog on April 13, 2015 called https://connectingempathichelpersandartiststospirit.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/six-simple-steps-for-awesome-angel-readings/
I have never missed a month since, publishing one blog post every month.
2. Is there a specific reason why choosing WordPress instead of other providers?
When I decided to start blogging I asked my other writing friends which site they blog on. They all recommended WordPress for its ease of use. I have been very happy on the site.
3. Do you write just to inspire others through your Blog, or is there a bigger goal?
My hope is to inspire and educate others by bringing more awareness to compassion and empathy. I believe now more than ever we need sensitive souls to step up and lead. It can be difficult to manage your sensitivity in today’s world this is why I fill each blog with helpful tips.
4. Did you participate in any blogger training? Or, are you planning to?
Nope! I don’t plan to. Interestingly, I did not go to school for writing or take any classes. I teach many writing classes and am a writing coach. I have been told many times that writing is an innate talent for me, I believe they are correct. I allow spirit to work through me.
5. What type of Blog grabs your attention?
I like blogs that inspire me to think differently about myself and others.
6. How do you think is the best way to overcome a writer’s block?
I don’t believe that there is only one way. First you have to become aware of it and then do something different to change that energy.
7. Do you possess any other passion or talent besides writing?
Yes. I also enjoy spirituality, being a counselor and writing coach, traveling, connecting to like-minded others, photography, painting, animals, nature. I could go on and on.
8. Do you believe these Blog Awards can really help writers being discovered?
Anything is possible.
9. When you monitor comments on your Blog, do you allow criticism to be posted?
Yes, as long as it is constructive and not a part of cyber bulling. No trolls are tolerated on my blog.
10. Do you consider writing the best way for self- expression?
Even though writing is one of my passions, I don’t believe writing is the best self- expression for everyone. I worked as an expressive art therapist in a partial hospitalization program. I saw that some people could not read or write and others could not form phrases the way they wanted to. For them, I would recommend a different creative art; singing, dancing, drawing etc.
And here are my nominees, I realize some of you may have received this award in the past. I want to give a shout out to you and your awesome work!
If you choose to accept and participate
Here are questions for my nominees:
- Where do you see yourself (and your blog) in 5 years?
- How did you choose your blog’s niche?
- What are three things you cannot blog without?
- What’s the favorite post that you’ve published? (Link, please!)
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What is something you enjoy doing besides blogging?
- What is one fun fact about you?
- What is on your list of top 3 destinations?
- If you could change something in the world what would it be?
- What advice do you have for other bloggers?
For more information on this award click here http://www.liebsterawards.com/q-a/